Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Friends

Shortly after Taylor was born we heard about this young man, Matt, who loves babies. He was excited to hear about new baby Taylor and that she was also born with down syndrome, like him. We were told that he was so concerned, wanting to know all about her and to tell us that "everything well be alright.” We could take comfort from someone who knows.

So yesterday Matt and his famiy took a long drive out to come meet Taylor. Matt brought a teddy bear for her and a photo album for us to look at of when he was a baby. While we visited, Matt and his parents shared all kinds of encouraging information about his life, down syndrome and all the things that Matt has done and is currently doing. We were quite amazed of this busy and ambitious guy. We really appreciate this sweet family taking the time and reaching out to us. We hope to do the same one day too. We are realizing more and more what a special life there will be ahead for our Miss Taylor.


9 comments:

Michelle O said...

Oh my goodness! TOO PRECIOUS! And he dressed up in a suit and tie...too sweet! What a blessing...hope you all are able to keep in touch through the years!

Aunt Lana said...

Nothing but blessings! God is SO good!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my heart is warmed by that story! Matt seems like he has such a big heart, and he just wanted to bless you guys and Little T. God is good, what an amazing gift you guys were given!
~Kim

Anonymous said...

What a very sweet story! Matt seems like such an amazing person. I was so touched reading this. I believe you will touch others through Taylor's life as she gets older, too, and you share what God had done through all of you and all of Taylor's great accomplishments!

Kelli :)

Carri Roman said...

How touching and tear jerking!! So beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Erin, Arron...I am so touched and blessed by your story. Thank you for sharing. What a wonderful young man.....also speaks volumes about his parents.....

Eva said...

I am still crying. That is so beautiful that God brought this man to come and see you and encourage you. He amazes me beyond what I could express. Your story and you sharing it and seeing the attitude you are taking towards it has blessed me beyond expression also. God's gifts are so beautiful and when we love and accept them with joy and thanksgiving, our lives become beyond what we thought they could be. He is so amazing!

Seeing Matt hold your dear, sweet baby with such joy is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time. Thank you so much for sharing.

I love you Erin. You have touched my heart in a huge way.

God bless you all as you serve him and honor him with you lives.

We serve a mighty, loving God.

Love,
Eva

erinlitteral said...

Oh Thank you guys. We want to pass on what God is doing. We are taking baby steps. Just always know God will give us what we need for whatever comes. I still occasionally have my moments of wondering what might have been, what I thought I wanted or even disappointment but it doesn't take long for God to step in. We are trusting in Him and are looking forward to what God will do.

Unknown said...

Tears...that is all I can say...